Friday, July 20, 2012

Getting Ready for Mickey! - Part 3

I've been having so much fun making things in preparation for our trip to Disney World this fall. I'm reeaaallllyy excited about this trip and even though I know it'll be an amazing time without my help, I'm doing what I can to add a little extra magic here and there. :)

Here are a few new things I've done:


~Color Book~
Seeing this idea on Pinterest and thanks to my friend at The Adventures of Bear, I put together this little color book for Juliet to look at on the airplane. I used those free Disney paint chips found at Home Depot and adhered the word of each color on the back of the chip.

~Postcard~
I wasn't able to get an actual postcard from Disney World, so I made one myself! SO easy! I took a regular ol' postcard (from Bermuda) and double-stick taped a Disney image on the front. I used Disney stickers to cover up the Bermuda photo descriptions on the back of the postcard. I wrote a cute little message "from Mickey" and popped it into the mailbox. James checks the mail each day and what a treat it was for him to find a postcard from Mickey! (Btw, he didn't even notice my faux postcard switcheroo). :)

~Autograph Book~
This isn't an official autograph book, it's actually a Disney encylopedia. It's awesome. Full of color and fun descriptions of most Disney & Pixar characters. We'll be focusing on penny pressing for this trip, and since this book is a bit heavy we'll bring it along only to the character meals. Another fun keepsake!

~Disney Family Nights~
These have been a HUGE hit at our house. We ALL look forward to these theme nights. Since my last Getting Ready for Mickey post we've had a Three Caballeros night and a Lion King night. Up next is Toy Story. So much fun!

~Goodies Straight From WDW~
Some friends of ours visited Disney in the spring and being the sweethearts they are, they brought us back some goodies - maps, an Epcot passport book, a 3D place mat (James loooves this!), a sweet book about Duffy, a portfolio for our pressed pennies (yay!), and a "1st visit" button! The park guides were total Disney planning candy to me - I loved getting a sneak peek at the schedules.

~Dresses~
Whilst taking my daily stroll through the lovely land of Etsy, I ran across these a-dor-a-ble Disney-inspired dresses. Needless to say I ordered a "few". ;) (Psst... stay tuned because I'll be hosting a giveaway for this shop next month!)

~Stroller & Stroller Tags~
I went back and forth about our stroller for Disney. We have a MacLaren, which is good and has served us well, but it's not ideal for theme parks, imo. I read this post about the top 10 things you'll want in a stroller and I decided to buy a (red) City Mini stroller for our trip. Two words: LOVE IT. Best stroller ever. I just found out it's actually the same one the Orlando stroller rental companies use! As for the tags, one tidbit of advice I received from a friend is that after you come out of a ride it's easy to lose sight of your stroller in the veritable Sea of Strollers at Disney World. I saw this idea via Pinterest and came up with something for our stroller. To make these I just used some scrapbook paper, ribbon, and a letter sticker on the reverse side of the tag. I laminated them to keep them dry and intact. Sure, we make look totally dorky. And maybe the tags won't help. Or we may be those folks who spot their stroller right away. We'll see!

~Guide to the Magic For Kids~
I'm currently hosting giveaway for this awesome guide book. Click here to read my thoughts on it and to enter to win. Two thumbs up!!

my little mouse
~Mouse Ears~
These were super easy to make. A bit of felt, a bit of ribbon, two snap clips, and a glue gun.

~Brave Sensory Tub~
Have you seen the new Disney movie, Brave? It is sooo good! James and I loved it and of course I had to make a sensory tub. :)

That's all for now! I'll have one more "part" in this series and TWO more Disney giveaways this summer! Click here to see other parts to this series.

~Thank you for your comments!~

6 comments:

Chanon said...

We've used the Encyclopedia as our autograph book too but took it one step further: we took it to Kinkos and had them spiral bind the book and put a clear plastic sheet on the front and back for more protection. The spiral binding makes the book easier to handle and you can easily remove the whole sticker sheet too!

Heidi said...

I always love reading your Disney posts. This is my favorite so far. It's makes me want to head back to Disney today!

Jordan said...

I LOVE looking at fun countdown to Disney stuff and you have plenty of that going on! Our family is almost at the 100 day mark for our WDW trip and tonight we are celebrating with our first official family Disney movie night presenting Aladdin! If you are interested to see how it turns out or want to see some other Disney fun then please feel free to check out my Disney moms blog (www.speakingofdisney.blogspot.com)! Hope you have a blast with your family at Disney!!!

Jennifer said...

Re: stroller tags, shutterfly has great photo luggage tags http://www.shutterfly.com/photo-gifts/luggage-tag

They also have Disney plates with photos http://www.shutterfly.com/photo-gifts/plates
They go on sale sometimes.

Samantha said...

So fun! Another idea that I just say on Pinterest a couple days ago was writing your favorit Disney Character. You can write to the following address:

Walt Disney World Communications
P.O. Box 10040
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-0040

And a couple weeks later, you will get a postcard from your character. Just something fun to try!

amyk said...

Just found your blog and love it! If you go on DIS boards there is a thread called Fairy Godmailer. People who are in Disney visiting now volunteer to do postcards to send to you and your children in prep for your trip. And then many people like to pass along the favor when they go.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails