Monday, June 1, 2009

Polkabats & Octopus Slacks

Three cheers for Calef Brown and his book, Polkabats & Octopus Slacks. This collection of children's poetry is funny, weird and totally brilliant! Reminds me of the stories I used to write when I was in high school (minus the brilliant part, of course). Calef Brown writes and illustrates this fantastic book, as well as 4 others. Go to this link on Amazon to read excerpts from one of his books and then when you fall in love with his writing, you can follow his blog like I do.

I love children's literature and I've loaded up James' shelves with some really great books. Here's a list of some of my favorites:

Little Pea
Llama Llama series
Where the Sidewalk Ends
The Pigeon series
I'm Not Really Tired
Tikki Tikki Tembo
Cat in the Hat & most Seuss books
The Snowy Day
Corduroy
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
Magic Thinks Big
The Story of Little Babaji
Six Dinner Sid

I'm always looking for recommendations, so please feel free to share your favorite titles!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails